The program for the EPFL Master Excellence Scholarship is now accepting applications. The scholarship is provided by the École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne to students who are enrolled in a Master’s degree and have distinguished academic records. The evaluation of the candidates’ academic records serves as the basis for both the selection of candidates and the awarding of fellowships.
Only approximately 3% of master’s students receive this type of financial aid due to the extremely tough screening process. While some fellowships are funded directly by EPFL, others are supported by collaborations with philanthropies or for-profit organizations. Both internal and external candidates who hold an EPFL bachelor’s degree or a bachelor’s degree from an international university and are altering their fields of study are eligible for the fellowship.
In Lausanne, Switzerland, there is a public research university called the École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL). One of Switzerland’s top universities with a focus on engineering and the natural sciences is EPFL. According to the QS World University Rankings, the EPFL is the world’s 14th-best university overall in 2021 and the world’s 19th-best school for engineering and technology in 2020. (World University Rankings).
- Host Institution: École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) in Switzerland.
- Eligible programs: Please check full list below.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Program normal duration.
- Target group: Open to all.
Winners of this grant for higher education will receive the following advantages:
- CHF 10’000 per semester
- Reservation of a student room in a student residence
- A certificate of excellence (at the end of the master’s program)
Fellowship recipients are expected to fund all costs on their own (including rent). If the fellowship bearer is enrolled as a regular EPFL student, the fellowship will be funded for a maximum of 4 semesters (3 semesters for a 90 credit master’s program). No extension is feasible, not even if the student chooses to minor or for any other circumstance that would lengthen the time spent in school.
The list of master’s degree programs offered by the Federal School of Polytechnic in Lausanne is provided below.
- School of Engineering
• Electrical and Electronic Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering
• Materials Science and Engineering
• Energy Science and Technology
- School of Architecture, Civil and Environmental Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Environmental Sciences and Engineering
- School of Basic Sciences
• Molecular and Biological Chemistry
• Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology
• Applied Mathematics
• Computational Science and Engineering
• Applied Physics
• Nuclear Engineering
- School of Computer and Communication Sciences
• Computer Science
• Communication Systems
• Data Science
• Cyber Security
- School of Life Sciences : Life Sciences Engineering
- College of Management of Technology
• Financial Engineering
• Management, Technology and Entrepreneurship
• Sustainable Management and Technology
- College of Humanities : Digital Humanities
- Cross-School Master’s programs
• Quantum Science and Engineering
Eligibility for the EPFL Master Excellence Scholarship
Anyone who wants to apply to a master’s program at EPFL is qualified. Based on their academic achievements, EPFL awards a small number of fellowships to the most meritorious applicants. As a result, candidates should satisfy the demands of the master’s program they have chosen.
It is not possible to combine this fellowship with other sizeable scholarships. All scholarships that candidates receive while pursuing their master’s degree must be disclosed. Candidates are not eligible for an excellence fellowship if the master’s at EPFL is a second master’s degree.
- comparable possibilities
- Scholarships at SBW Berlin for International Students;
- A*STAR Scholarship in Computing and Information Science.
- PhD Student Scholarships from UEMF and ASRIC.
2. Scholarships vs. Jobs/Internships
- Distinctive v
How To Apply For The EPFL Master Excellence Fellowship
External candidates (those with a bachelor’s degree from a foreign university) should submit their master’s program applications by the deadline using the online application form (please click the “Apply” button below to reach the page). You must check the box on the application form indicating that the candidate’s profile should also be taken into consideration for an excellence fellowship. There are no more documents that must be submitted in addition to those listed below that are needed for Master’s admission:
1. A resume (curriculum vitae).
2. A copy of your academic credentials, if any are already in existence.
3. Detailed transcripts from every college you have ever attended.
4. Your passport or identification card.
5. A purpose statement: The purpose statement should not be longer than 1000 words. Your academic background and job goals must be disclosed. Please be specific about the goals you want to achieve during your studies at EPFL.
6. The names and email addresses of three academic referees who will be asked to submit letters of recommendation (with the exception of EPFL Bachelor’s degree holders and those who are applying for a Master’s program in the same field of study with a Bachelor’s degree from ETH Zürich university or FHS/HES).
7. A work portfolio for architecture is also necessary and must be submitted to a specific web server. After completing and paying for the online application, you will receive an email with server information. Additionally, candidates for Cand Architecture must have twelve months of work experience. If the work credentials are already available, kindly upload them in the application form.
Please contact student affairs at [email protected] with any questions or clarifications regarding this program.
The application deadline is December 15, 2022. For further information about the EPFL Master Excellence Scholarship, kindly visit the official page. Please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram if you want to be the first to learn about the newest chances.Apply Now